With the winter arriving in some parts of the UK with a bang yesterday and snow showers scattered all over the country, it’s always best to take precautions when out on the roads. Rob blogged about Driving safely in the snow early last year when we had some wintery weather, so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to have a reminder.
Information can be found on Rob’s original blog, along with some helpful links to other websites. Here’s are some extra tips as well:
* Check weather and traffic reports before leaving
* Allow more time than normal for your journey
* Ensure you have enough fuel for the distance you are driving
* If you’re planning a long journey, let someone know your route and your expected time of arrival. Pack some food and hot drink, if possible
* Stick to major roads and motorways that will have been gritted and cleared of snow
As always, we wish you a safe journey.