Our team at Avis Stansted are always working hard to get our cars ready and help our customers. Most people don’t get to see what goes on behind the scenes at our Avis rental locations, so the team at the Avis branch at Stansted Airport are giving us an insight.
Linda, Avis, Stansted Airport.
A normal day for my colleague George and I starts by getting to the cabin located in the Avis car park at Stansted Airport (sometimes as early as 5.30am to make sure everything is ready, turning on the computers and seeing what rentals we have for the day – all helped along with a cup of tea.
We check to see what Avis Preferred rentals we will be servicing that day as we need to prepare the cars in advance as Avis Preferred customers come directly to the cabin to collect their car, rather than heading to the terminal 1st, and we endeavour to provide our Avis Preferred customers with their cars within 3 minutes or less to make sure that we provide the Avis 3 Minute Promise.
Throughout the rest of the day, between serving customers, we carry out all our other daily tasks which include:
- Checking the cars to make sure that Buzz and his boys have cleaned them all ready for our customers to collect.
- Daily reporting and tracking of our fleet.
- Sort out damaged cars and chase up those cars that are currently being fixed.
- Ensure that cars that are to be returned to manufacturers are there and ready to be collected.
- Fuel recording as we have our own pumps at Stansted to make it easier for us to offer Fuel up Front.
- Answering all of our customers questions and queries (both face-to-face and on the phone) or pointing them in the direction of the right person if we are unable to help.
- Planning ahead for the rest of the week to ensure we have the right cars for our customers.
- Getting signed receipts from out customers once they have returned their rental cars.
- Contacting our long term customers that have the Avis cars on 28 day plus rentals.
- Updating our lost property logs – people leave behind some of the strangest things.
- Plus everything else the day throws at us.
And of course all while having fun and chatting to our customers.
We hope this has given you an insight on the various things that go on in our working our here at Avis Stansted Airport.
If you have any questions for the team at the Avis Cabin at Stansted Airport please let us know.